I love crêpes, especially when they are sweet. There is nothing worse than a tasteless crêpe. Yes, I can add countless fillings. But sorry, I like it flavorful with or without any filling.
I prefer to use heavy cream instead of milk. Many restaurants follow my technique, which is why I keep eating at those places. Ha!
Have an awesome week and Bon Appétit!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 525 ml heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Fresh fruits for serving (berries, banana…)
In a bowl, whisk together the sifted flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Beat the eggs with an electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Pour the heavy creamy and continue to whisk. Slowing add the dry ingredients (sifted flour, sugar and pinch of salt). Add the vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with the non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter onto the pan. Rotate the pan to spread the batter as thinly as possible. Flip the crêpe to cook the other side. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
Serve hot with fresh fruits.
- Use an electric mixer. The batter won’t be smooth if it is whisked by hand.
- Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- Turn the heat down if the frying pan gets too hot.