Smoked Salmon Tartare with Tomato Fondue
I combined my love for French cuisine with my love for Japanese cuisine: Smoked Salmon Tartare with Tomato Fondue. This recipe is ideal for a party. The flavors compliment each other. You can also serve this dish as an appetizer. You can make about 60 single servings of this amuse bouche.
- 680 g smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped capers
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 470 g tomato fondue
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
Combine all ingredients, except the extra virgin olive oil, in a stainless steel bowl. Slowly incorporate the extra virgin olive oil.
Place a teaspoon of tomato fondue over a slice of English cucumber, then add about a tablespoon of smoked salmon tartare on top.
Serve immediately & enjoy!
- Maintain the tartare cold at all times. Place the bowl over a bowl filled with ice.
- The smoked salmon is already salty, plus capers are salty as well. No additional seasoning is required.
- This recipe is meant as an amuse bouche, but it can be sized for a much smaller crowd.